2018-19 School Year iPad Insurance
For students in grades 7-12 only
The open enrollment period for Grade 7-12 students to purchase insurance is now CLOSED. Please see note below regarding obtaining insurance. If you have any questions regarding the insurance you may email Ms. Lewkowicz at LewkowiczJ@Glastonburyus.org (GHS) or Mr. Denesha at DeneshaC@Glastonburyus.org (SMS) or iPads@glastonburyus.org.
To obtain insurance (7th-12th Graders ONLY):
To obtain insurance when enrollment is "closed," the iPad must first be brought in to be inspected for damage. Please email Jane Lewkowicz at Glastonbury High School or Chris Denesha at Smith Middle School to set up an appointment. If the student iPad is in good condition, we will insure it. You will need to bring a check for $30 made out to GPS. Once you have scheduled an appointment you will visit Ms. Lewkowicz or Mr. Denesha in the following rooms
Ms. Lewkowicz: GHS Room E207
Mr. Denesha: SMS Room 2209
iPad Insurance Cost
3-School-Year: $75 (available for New Leases only—Class of 2024)
What's Covered ($0 deductible per incident, 2 claims per school year)
The iPad insurance policies expire on June 30 of the current school year (for a one-year policy) or June 30th of the third school year (for a three-year policy).
- Accidental damage
- Unavoidable theft (police report must be submitted within 72 hours of theft)
- House Fire/Flooding
- Natural disasters
- Manufacturer defects
- Power surge due to lightning
What's NOT Covered
- Lost iPads are not covered by this policy. A full replacement cost not to exceed $424
- Scratches/dents/bending/damage to iPad exterior caused by failure to appropriately use the protective case provided by the school
- Intentional marking, defacing, and/or abusing the iPad
- Damage caused by tampering with hardware components or operating system (i.e. jailbreaking) to alter district configurations
- iPad Cases are not covered by this policy. Cases can be purchased in the GHS and SMS tech rooms .
The policy will become void for the term if:
- More than two (2) claims are made during the school year
- iPad is/was not protected by the protective cases that were issued during the distribution process
- Intentional marking, defacing, and/or abusing of the protective case
- The School Administration and the Technology Department makes a determination that damage to iPad was caused by abuse and/or neglect beyond normal wear and tear
- Two claims per year (if policy is renewed annually) before policy is voided
- Students must go to the school technical center to submit a claim
- Stolen iPads must have a police report submitted with the claim
- $0 deductible
- Loaners are available for students to use temporarily while their iPads are out for repair. Appropriate paperwork must be signed. There are a limited number of loaners available on a first come first serve basis.
- There will be an open enrollment period for parents to purchase insurance. If parents wish to purchase insurance after the open enrollment period, they must show proof that the iPad is not damaged and in working condition. Payment is by check only (make check out to: Glastonbury Public Schools) after the open enrollment period.
- You will need the iPad Serial Number stamped on the back of the iPad (ex. DMPRG..., DMPPV..., DMPMT...). Not the white sticker.. To find it, access the iPad and go to Settings>General> About. Look for the serial number in the right frame.
Costs (if insurance is not purchased)
- Repairs: between $100-$250 (generally)
- Replacement (if iPad cannot be repaired): TBD based on market value